Our latest tweets...Tweets by @TeachKEC
School Direct (salaried) QTS
Trainees who successfully complete the School Direct (salaried) route will be awarded Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). Trainees are employees of their school for the year and are usually paid at point 1 of the unqualified teacher pay scale (currently £16,461). There are no fees on this route and trainees are not eligible for bursaries or scholarships.
For 2017/18, we are offering salaried places as follows:
- Chemistry (UCAS code 2H3T);
- Computing (UCAS code 347C) - King Edward VI Aston School, enhanced salary £20,289;
- Design and Technology (UCAS code 2LCP);
- English (UCAS code 2BF8);
- Mathematics (UCAS code 22KF) - King Edward VI Aston School, enhanced salary £20,289;
- Physics (UCAS code 2NCF).
Apply via UCASTT.
Preference for salaried places is usually given to applicants with three years of work experience (which could be research) relevant to their teaching subject.
I have finally done it - I have changed career and become what I was meant to be! It's the best feeling in the world!